St Dunstan

 Exterior from south-east
St Dunstan's Church, Cranford, pre 1896
 East end of church, the right hand picture
being taken from the west gallery

East end and altar, showing canopy over
Putti on chancel arch
  Monuments in and near the Sanctuary.
That in the chancel is by William Cure, Master Mason to the King.
  Statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary
with Canopy over

The Church

A aisleless little church is in a park by the stables of the demolished Cranford House, near Hounslow, now a public park. Chancel and tower 16th C. Nave red-brick 1716. Perpendicular west tower, and, inside, a great number of 17th- and 18th-century monuments.

Restored by Martin Travers 1949.

West gallery removed as unsafe in 1895, but not enough seats so new gallery put up in 1936 for organ and choir.


Dove's reference for the bells:

Cranford, Gr Lon, S Dunstan, 6, 7-0-0 in B. Fri

ACCESS : Just south of the M4 at exit 3.

Map reference  :  TQ101781

Pictures kindly supplied by John R Salmon

Visit their Church Web site at

Please see our Home Page for important copyright notice

Up Arrow


email logo






This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of, its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam,

Shelwin, 30, Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -