is a small coastal settlement in an area of flat land. It has two
churches, one now redundant.
old church at Pilling stands 100
metres to the south of the new church in the original graveyard
which is still used. It is a long, low, stone built rectangle,
with a low pitched roof, and a bellcote with a segmental pediment.
There are 5 bays with corner quoins. The south windows are
semi-circular headed and recall those at Poulton le Fylde and
the north wall the windows are square headed at the ground floor
and semi-circular above. The east window is like those of the
south wall, but larger and divided into three lights by two
The south door has naive capitals with
volutes, and a keystone carries the date of construction - 1717.