The west gallery was constructed in 1817 at
the same time as other work was being carried out. The
church suffered bomb damage in 1944, following which restoration
work was carried out in 1948 - 52. At that time the west
gallery was not removed, but it was converted to a parish room
by the addition of a partition wall immediately inside the
balusters at the front. It is therefore not
available for use as a gallery.
Information received from
John Vigar - 2004 - that the partitioning is not now in place.
Pictures 1 and 3 very kindly supplied by him.
"Bits of tracery [from screen] have been
re-used in the west gallery" (Pevsner)