St Mary the Virgin


other internal and external pictures wanted


The church occupies a site where Christian worship has taken place for some 800 years, but unfortunately documentation is sadly lacking when it come to its history.

A west gallery was constructed in 1858, and an organ in 1871.  Inevitably the organ displaced the quire which previously occupied the gallery.

HiOngar1.jpg (46830 bytes)

HiOngar2.jpg (29843 bytes)


Map reference :  


Information and photograph ( 2002) kindly supplied by Peter Goodwin


Please see our Home Page for important copyright notice

Up Arrow


email logo






This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of, its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam,

Shelwin, 30, Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -