The chancel and nave date from the 11th century. The
original date of the west gallery is not recorded, but it
appears to have been in existence before 1752 - 53, when other
work was being carried out. The gallery was rebuilt in
1860, and in 1896 a new organ was positioned on it and the
choir moved to the chancel.
The organ takes up most of the available space within the
gallery, and it cannot now be used for its original purpose.
Pevsner's quote is "Nice
west gallery on two Tuscan columns" .