Heathfield
(Old Heathfield)

All Saints

The Church

14th Ccentury church externally, a singing gallery added at west end in 1745, and in 1820 north and south galleries were also built.  The church census of 1851 shows an average attendance of 180 people in the morning, and 300 in the evening.  All three galleries were removed by the Victorians in the 1890s in order to improve the church.

FURTHER EXTERNAL & INTERNAL PICTURES REQUIRED PLEASE

Dove's reference for the bells:

Heathfield, East Sussex, All Saints (GF), 8, 11-0-8 in G.

ACCESS

Map reference  :  TQ599203

This church in not in the modern village of Heathfield, but rather Old Heathfield, a little to the south-east.

Please see our Home Page for important copyright notice

Up Arrow
-----------------
the Webmasters
NB To prevent unwanted spamming of mail, replace -at- with @ before sending 

 

This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam, 30 Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -
email