St Mary



Copyright Bob Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/195864

 

P2230039.JPG (319300 bytes)  P2230040.JPG (351111 bytes)

P2230057.JPG (346119 bytes)  P2230056.JPG (323219 bytes)  P2230041a.JPG (347023 bytes)

Silhouettes of the church in the evening light.
 

P2230042.JPG (444679 bytes)  P2230054.JPG (423088 bytes)  P2230055.JPG (435646 bytes)

The curved west gallery, dating from the 17th century, with the font under.
 
P2230053.JPG (377491 bytes)

The gallery, with the present organ, showing the window which still lights the gallery.
 

P2230044.JPG (413829 bytes)  P2230043.JPG (385993 bytes)  P2230048.JPG (428047 bytes)

The Chancel, with views of the panelling once part of a small gallery 
over the rood screen, and the pulpit.
 

P2230052a.JPG (548961 bytes)

View of the east end and chancel from the gallery.
 

P2230045.JPG (418686 bytes)  P2230046.JPG (378629 bytes)

Monument to 
and Royal Coat of Arms of George II, 1750,
which appears to have been reused from the time of Charles II

 

P2230047.JPG (346062 bytes)  P2230049.JPG (346287 bytes)  P2230051.JPG (336417 bytes)

A collection of bench ends


P2230050.JPG (248551 bytes)

The East window.

Brief description of the church

 

ACCESS:
Map reference : SY195884

MAP:

Information and pictures from
Edwin Macadam

Please see our Home Page for important copyright notice

Up Arrow

-----------------

email logo

SEARCH THIS SITE

PicoSearch

 

 

  Help

This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of, its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam,

Shelwin, 30, Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -