of the church
There was probably an earlier Saxon church on
the same site, because the Domesday Book records that there was a
priest there in 1086. The south porch is 14th Century, the
nave being of earlier date, around the 13th-14th century
The chancel is nearly as long as the nave, and is
12th Century with Early English lancet windows in the south wall.
It was lengthened in the 13th Century, when it also received the
three stepped eastern lancet windows.
Pulpit (not shown) is of Jacobean construction:
late perpendicular with Jacobean addition, and has tracery and
linen fold panelling.
There is a horse-drawn funeral bier in the vestry.
This is now a united benefice, together with
Bromfield, Culmington and Stanton Lacy.
[Notes courtesy of the Church