St Mary Magdalene

DSCN9360 Exterior copy.jpg (57677 bytes)
DSCN9328 East end copy.jpg (55000 bytes)
DSCN9346 Gallery copy.jpg (56758 bytes)
DSCN9331 Monument copy.jpg (62535 bytes)
DSCN9335 Monument - detail copy.jpg (52232 bytes)
DSCN9343 Monument copy.jpg (45037 bytes)

Brief description of the church

Set within Stapleford Park, it was wholly rebuilt to the designs of George Richardson and at the expense of the Earl of Harborough, in 1783, in the "Gothick" style. The seats face inwards, College chapel style, and the original fittings remain. The woodwork is good, especially in the west gallery 1783 (CEPC).

The west gallery is the family pew, complete with fireplace. (Guidebook) #
 

GALLERIES

DSCN9351 Brass copy.jpg (123857 bytes)
DSCN9352 Brass copy.jpg (118627 bytes)
DSCN9353 Brass copy.jpg (124972 bytes)

ACCESS
Map reference : SY195884

MAP
Use the Worcestershire & Districts Change Ringing Association link to Multimap.com to find a street map showing the church. Follow the instructions on the site. 


Pictures on this page were  kindly allowed to be used on this site,
but because the site was hacked into, this information was destroyed.

Please see our  Home Page  for important copyright notice

Up Arrow

-----------------

email logo

SEARCH THIS SITE

PicoSearch

 

 

  Help

This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of, its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam,

Shelwin, 30, Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -