Built to the designs of Robert Smirke in 1819-21,
this is one of the last surviving 'Waterloo'
The church was reordered and a short chancel
added in 1863 to a design by GM Hills; the present
vestries were added in 1905. The church stands on the
west side of Railway Road near the centre of Chatham,
but is cut off from the town centre by the one way
St John the Divine,
Chatham - in the centre of the one-way system.
Possibly for sale in 2003, but now seemingly to be
used for community purposes.
Can anyone please confirm?
Consists of chancel, north and south vestries,
nave with north and south galleries, west entrance
flanked by stair halls and west tower. It is listed