No dedication?


Gibside exterior
Gibside Chapel

Gibside Chapel was designed by James Paine in the classical Palladian style, and it was built soon after 1760

The chapel is owned by the National Trust, having been given to them by the 16th Earl of Strathmore in 1965.

It is considered to be an outstanding example of Georgian church architecture.
 

interior
  The interior of Gibside Chapel, showing the rare mahogany three-decker pulpit and box pews.
 

ACCESS

???
 

Photographs courtesy of the National Trust
 

Please see our Home Page for important copyright notice

Up Arrow
 

-----------------

email logo

SEARCH THIS SITE

PicoSearch

 

 

  Help

This site has been constructed by, and remains the copyright of, its authors,
Edwin and Sheila Macadam,

Shelwin, 30, Eynsham Road, Botley,
Oxford OX2 9BP
July 2001 -