of the old church is high above the Conwy valley, in the
shelter of Tal y Fan. Several footpaths converge here. For
many years these would have been the main routes between the
Conwy valley and the settlements over the hills in Penmaenmawr
and west toward Caernarfon and Anglesey.
nave of the church is the oldest part, to which the present
chancel was added in the 15th century. In the following
century, north and south chapels, a south porch and a new east
window were added. In 1800 the south chapel and the gallery
were demolished, but the church has remained essentially
unchanged since then.
with many thanks.
Please visit this excellent website.
Llanrwst, Gwydir Uchaf Chapel
|| The chapel dates
from 1673, the date being on a date-stone and on the
gallery. The west gallery has turned balusters.
There are complete furnishings, including a painted
ceiling. In the care of CADWnand included in the
guidebok for Rhug Chapel and Llangar Church. In
the care of CADW and included in guidebook for Rhug Chapel
and Llangar Church